Where can I park my vehicle?
Limited parking is available in the infield/centre car park, accessible from Dean Street (Gate 6) or Wilson Street (Gate 7). However, we recommend racegoers consider public transport or pre-book Ubers and taxis.
Please vacate the car park by 7pm (including the disabled parking area). Please note that picnics are not allowed in the car park sites and that food, alcohol and garden furniture is prohibited in this area.
Click here for all transportation options.
Where can I get a Taxi or Uber at the end of the day?
A dedicated area will be provided for Uber users for the event with a holding area created for patrons waiting. We are currently finalising locations for taxis, Ubers and other ride-share options.
Trying to purchase a concession or children's tickets?
The online webstore only has Adult tickets ($55) available to purchase. Concession tickets ($35) and children (13-17) tickets must be purchased via 1300 THE VALLEY, by visiting the MVRC offices or at the turnstiles on the day - if the event is not sold out prior.
Please note children 12 & under are admitted FREE.
The Valley Racecourse is located at Gate 1 Feehan Avenue, Moonee Ponds where you will find the main turnstiles. You can also gain access the course via the infield from the centre car park - entry is via Wilson Street (Gate 7) or Dean Street (Gate 6).
If you are traveling from the Melbourne CBD the below directions will assist you -
- Take State Route 50, Citylink/State Route 43 and M2 to Moreland Rd in Brunswick West. Take the exit for Moreland Rd from M2 - 10 min (8.6 km)
- Turn left onto Moreland Rd - 1 min (900 m)
- Turn left onto Pascoe Vale Rd/State Route 35 - 3 min (1.3 km)
- Drive to McPherson St - 1 min (550 m)
- Turn left onto Wilson St - 200 m
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto McPherson St
Please click here to view all your transport options.
General Admission ticket holders are asked to wear smart casual.
Member Dress Code:
Ladbrokes Manikato Stakes Night (Friday, 21 October) - Relaxed Dress Code
Ladbrokes Cox Plate Day (Saturday, 22 October) - Traditional Dress Code
Please refer to the the Members Dress Code if you will be entering the Members Enclosure.
Guests attending Private Marquee Areas and Corporate Racing Functions are asked to refer to terms from their hosts for dress standards - these are generally in keeping with the MVRC's Members Dress Code.
What concession passes are accepted?
Accepted Concession Cards are Centrelink Pensioner Card and Tertiary Student Campus ID Card only (TPI card holders are admitted free). We do not accept concession cards through our online webstore - you must visit the office to purchase or if the event is not sold out prior to raceday, these can be purchased at the turnstiles.
Can I cloak items on the day/night?
Yes, the cloakroom is located on the first floor at the north end of JR’s Wine Bar. The cloakroom closes 30 minutes after the last race at all race meetings.
Lost property enquiries can be made at the Race Day Office on racedays or by contacting Customer Service on 1300 843 825 after the race meeting.
What time is the Ladbrokes Cox Plate run and all race times be confirmed?
Ladbrokes Cox Plate Day is in the afternoon of Saturday 22 October. Race times for Ladbrokes Cox Plate Day are still to be confirmed. Please check our website and social pages for updates.
Will I be able to access the Ladbrokes Lounge?
The Ladbrokes Lounge is closed for private events on both Ladbrokes Manikato Night and Ladbrokes Cox Plate Day.
Can I collect owners ticketing prior to the event?
Owners can collect ticketing from the Raceday Office throughout the week of the Ladbrokes Cox Plate Carnival if they wish to organise in advance prior to raceday.
Where are ATM's located on course?
For your convenience, ATM and EFTPOS cash out facilities are located in each of these areas at The Valley Racecourse.
- Celebrity Room Foyer
- Octagonal Lounge
- Space Frame
EFTPOS Cash Out Facilities
- South End Paddock Tote - under Space Frame
- First Floor Market Place - North-west Tote
- Second Floor Members - Concourse Tote
- Third Floor - Carvery
- Alexandra Avenue Ticket Sales Caravan - Off course
- Centre Turnstiles Ticket Seller - Eastern window
- Stand Turnstiles
Will there be merchandise items available to purchase?
Yes, you can purchase online in the weeks leading up to the Ladbrokes Cox Plate Carnival. on the day, you can purchase the Ladbrokes Cox Plate Carnival from our main Merchandise Store is located opposite the Information Booth upon entering from the racecourse infield. Other areas to purchase items will be confirmed closer to the event.
Can I purchase a Cox Plate Charity Pin on the day?
Yes, volunteers will be selling Cox Plate Charity Pins throughout the course over the Ladbrokes Cox Plate Carnival and lead-up events. Pins cost $10 each with proceeds donated to our charity partner (tbc).
Can I leave my vehicle parked overnight?
Vehicles left in The Valley centre car park (infield) can be collected between 8am and 12pm the day after the race meeting or after 7am on working days. Patrons wanting to collect vehicles outside of these hours may do so by calling 1300 843 825. A call out fee will apply to afterhours collection.
Tow-away removal will be arranged at your expense. Please note that the MVRC takes no responsibility for vehicles and contents left onsite overnight.
Can I sit in the grandstand?
Yes, you can. Ladbrokes Manikato Stakes Night will have sections of the grandstand that are unreserved and available for members of the public. On Ladbrokes Cox Plate Day, you must pre-purchase grandstand seating, including Members.
Many seats at both meetings are exclusive to MVRC Members and patrons who are dining.
for Grandstand seating options and pricing.
Can I bring tables and chairs or food and drink into the racecourse?
Tables and chairs are not permitted to be brought inside the racecourse. Please see a list of prohibited goods below -
- liquor or any alcoholic beverages
- glass objects
- opened beverage containers
- drink coolers, ice boxes or eskies
- firearms, knives or any other implements that may be used as a weapon or used in a way which affects the safety of those in the racecourse, damages property, or interferes with the comfort of patrons at the Racecourse
- or other explosives or flammable good or equipment
- laser lights or laser pointers
- drones or similar unmanned aerial vehicles
- musical instruments
- rollerblades, skateboards, hoverboards or scooters
- torn up paper, confetti, rice or streamers
- sporting goods such as footballs, soccer balls or tennis balls
- folding or camp chairs or tables
- animals excluding racehorses entered into events at the Racecourse or authorized accompanying ponies and an animal used for your assistance if you are blind, deaf or otherwise have a disability.
- any other objects, device or substance that may be used to deface or damage any part of the Racecourse or which, in the opinion of the MVRC, has the potential to cause injury, offence, embarrassment or disturbance to any other person
When will my tickets arrive?
If you have purchased a General Admission e-ticket, this will be sent to your designated e-mail address in late August.
Dining and Grandstand ticketing will be sent closer to the event. Please call 1300 843 825 if you have any questions.
What Industry Passes are applicable for use?
The following industry tickets will be accepted across the Ladbrokes Cox Plate Carnival.
- Raceday Admission (General Admission access)
- Raceday Service (General Admission access)
- Raceday Guest (General Admission access)
- Racing Victoria (Members' Enclosure access)
- Raceday General (Members' Enclosure access)
What unreserved areas can be accessed by MVRC Members?
Members and Members’ Guest Cardholders and Reciprocal Guest Cardholders are invited to use the following venues:
- Members' Bistro
- Members’ Lounge (Level 2)
- Deck Bar
- Octagonal Lounge (Ground Floor)
- Parade Bar
- Members’ Lawn
The Members’ Bars include full cash bar service with electronic tap ’n go payment with snack food also available for purchase in selected locations.
Also, the last two bays of seating at the southern end of the Members' Grandstand are unreserved and available on a first come first serve basis.