Conditions of Ticketing & Entry
- Your entry to the Moonee Valley Racing Club Inc (“MVRC”) racecourse (including the car park) located at McPherson Street, Moonee Ponds (“Racecourse”) is subject to these terms and conditions of entry (“Conditions”).
- It is your responsibility to inform yourself of these Conditions. By entering the Racecourse, or possessing a ticket for entry to the Racecourse, you are deemed to have accepted and understood as binding on you these Conditions and any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities.
Conditions of Entry
- The MVRC reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any person from the Racecourse.
- If you bring children to the Racecourse, you are responsible for the care, conduct and supervision of those children at all times and must keep those children within your sight at all times.
- MVRC prohibits certain goods from being brought into the Racecourse. A current list of these goods is listed in the attachment headed ”Prohibited Goods”. MVRC reserves the right to add to or change this list at any time.
- You must immediately comply with all laws and any reasonable directions given to you by MVRC, its representatives or Racing Victoria Limited Racing Officials, including any emergency evacuation or procedure or any other occupational health and safety requirement. MVRC may search you and any goods in your possession or control to determine whether you have complied with clause 5.
- MVRC prohibits certain behaviour, conduct and activities at the Racecourse. A current list of the prohibited behaviour, conduct and activities is listed in the attachment headed “Prohibited Behaviour, Conduct and Activities”. MVRC reserves the right to add to or change this list at any time.
- You are responsible for your own property (including, without limitation, any motor vehicle) and MVRC will not be liable for loss, damage to or theft of any property brought to the Racecourse.
Conditions of Ticketing
- No admission tickets will be issued until full payment is received and all funds cleared.
- MVRC does not accept any responsibility for lost or stolen admission tickets.
- You must keep a record of the printed number on each ticket. If tickets are lost or stolen prior to the day of the event, the MVRC will replace the lost or stolen tickets on supply to it of the printed number on the lost ticket.
- You must make arrangements to collect replacement tickets from the MVRC prior to the event.
- MVRC will refuse entry on presentation of photocopied tickets, unless this is in accordance with a MVRC approved arrangement for the distribution of tickets.
- Unless you hold an appropriate admission ticket for entry to a reserved area (including, without limitation, members’ areas and corporate marquees) or a ticket for a reserved seat, you must not enter a reserved area or occupy a reserved seat.
- If you hold an admission ticket for entry to a reserved area (including, without limitation, members’ areas and corporate marquees) or a ticket for a reserved seat, you must not enter a reserved area or occupy a reserved seat other than the area or seat indicated on your admission ticket.
- In the event that duplicate copies of tickets are detected MVRC reserves the right to refuse entry to all persons bearing tickets with the same number.
- You are not permitted to sell or on-sell your ticket (by any means) without the prior written approval of MVRC.
- The holder of a ticket which has been offered for re-sale, or which has been purchased by way of on-sale without MVRC’s approval, may be refused entry or removed from the Racecourse.
Cancellation, Refund Policy & Conditions
- The schedule for any horse racing event (“Event”) held at the Racecourse and the proposed format for its conduct are subject to change.
- If an Event is cancelled before the scheduled commencement time, it may be rescheduled and you will be offered an admission ticket to the rescheduled Event or a refund of the cost of your admission ticket.
- If you experience a change in personal circumstances and are unable to attend the Event, then upon application MVRC will provide you with a complimentary ticket/s of an equivalent value to an upcoming race meeting. If requested, MVRC may provide you with a refund. This will be determined at MVRC’s sole discretion on a case by case basis and if reasonable notice is provided.
- If an Event is cancelled after it has commenced but before the feature race has been conducted, then you may choose between receiving a ticket to the rescheduled event or a prorate refund based on the portion of the races at the Event which have not taken place.
- If an Event is cancelled after it has commenced and after the feature race, then, upon application, you will be offered a complimentary ticket to a standard race meeting.
- You will only be provided a refund if you can produce and return to the MVRC your admission ticket. In some cases, the MVRC (in its sole discretion) may require proof of purchase.
Liability and Indemnity
- There are certain risks associated with your attendance at the Racecourse. This includes the possibility of an accident causing death, injury, damage or loss of property and harm caused as a result of an incident involving or arising from the movement of horses, the consumption of alcohol or the behaviour or conduct of other patrons. Furthermore, MVRC makes no representations regarding the weather conditions, shelter at the Racecourse or your level of comfort while at the Racecourse.
- Under Victorian and Commonwealth consumer protection legislation, MVRC provides you with certain non-excludable and unlimited warranties, including that MVRC will provide its services to you with due skill and care.
- You indemnify and agree to keep indemnified MVRC and its employees, contractors and agents against any liability for any claim, loss (including pure economic loss), damage, costs and expenses arising from your acts or omissions at the Racecourse. MVRC’s liability to you is limited to any loss or damage caused by MVRC's negligent acts or omissions or as a result of a breach by MVRC of the statutory implied warranties referred to in clause 25.
- Under no circumstances whatsoever will MVRC accept liability for any loss suffered by you as a result of the cancellation or postponement of any Event held at the Racecourse or for any expectation damages associated with your attendance at the Racecourse, including without limitation, damages on the basis of loss of chance or opportunity.
Use of Images and Material Created at the Racecourse
- You acknowledge that you may be filmed, televised, photographed and otherwise recorded by MVRC and its authorised representatives while at the Racecourse. MVRC owns all rights in these images and material, including without limitation intellectual property rights, and has the right to reproduce, use or license the use of these images and material as it sees fit.
- A person may only take images of activities at the racecourse for personal use and must not make available any images for public advertisement, display, commercial exploitation, sale, broadcasting, or distribution by any person by any means without MVRC’s prior written approval, which may be withheld or subject to conditions (including the payment of money).
- Where the Club or Racing Victoria Limited Stewards reasonably suspect images are being taken for non-personal use, the person taking the images may be liable to immediate removal from the Racecourse at the direction of the Club or Stewards.
Breach of Condition
- MVRC may prohibit you from entering or expel you from the Racecourse using reasonable force if it considers you are in breach of a Condition or if it considers that you are intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances, in possession of a prohibited substance or acting in a manner detrimental to the enjoyment of other patrons.
- MVRC reserves the right in its sole discretion to:
(a) prohibit entry to the Racecourse to ensure compliance with these Conditions;
(b) expel you from the Racecourse;
(c) search any person to determine whether you have a prohibited good and require you to surrender and confiscate any goods in contravention of these Conditions and retain or dispose of such goods;
(d) confiscate or cancel your admission ticket; and
(e) impose any other lawful penalty it deems appropriate.
- liquor or any alcoholic beverages
- glass objects
- opened beverage containers
- drink coolers, ice boxes or eskies
- firearms, knives or any other implement that may be used as a weapon or used in a way which affects the safety of those in the Racecourse, damages property, or interferes with the comfort of patrons at the Racecourse
- or other explosives or flammable good or equipment
- laser lights or laser pointers
- drones or similar unmanned aerial vehicles
- musical instruments
- rollerblades, skateboards, hoverboards or scooters
- torn up paper, confetti, rice or streamers
- sporting goods such as footballs, soccer balls or tennis balls
- folding or camp chairs or tables
- animals excluding racehorses entered into events at the Racecourse or authorized accompanying ponies and an animal used for your assistance if you are blind, deaf or otherwise have a disability.
- any other objects, device or substance that may be used to deface or damage any part of the Racecourse or which, in the opinion of the MVRC, has the potential to cause injury, offence, embarrassment or disturbance to any other person
Prohibited Behavior, Conduct & Activities
You must not, in or around the Racecourse engage in the following prohibited behaviour, conduct and activities.
- Throw or attempt to throw objects
- Advertise, offer or expose for sale any goods or articles or bring any goods, articles, utensils or appliances which you intend to advertise, offer or expose for sale
- Post, stick or place or attempt to post, stick or place any printed material on any part of the Racecourse without the prior written consent of MVRC
- Block any thoroughfare including, without limitation, any stairs, steps, aisle, gangway, overpass, underpass, bridge, passage, entry or exit
- Misuse, deface, damage, remove from the Racecourse or tamper with or attempt to misuse, deface, damage, remove from the Racecourse or tamper with any building, animal, plant or thing
- Inflate, or cause to inflate, any item or good
- Systematically collect or pick up used betting tickets discarded by others (other than as part of the authorized rubbish collection)
- Use indecent or obscene language or threatening or insulting words, or otherwise behave in a provocative, disorderly, threatening, abusive, riotous, unsafe, indecent or insulting manner or act in a manner detrimental to the enjoyment of other patrons.
- Use a loud speaker, public address system or other broadcast device
- Interfere with, obstruct or hinder any employees, agents or contractors of MVRC in the exercise of his or her powers, functions or duties
- Conduct entertainment without the prior written consent of MVRC
- Engage or participate in any conduct, protest or demonstration that may disturb or offend others or which ,may disrupt or hinder proceedings
- Use photographic, video or audio recording equipment in areas where such use is prohibited
- Communicate information relating to estimated or actual betting odds by any means to any person not on the Racecourse.
- Conduct surveys or opinion polls, solicit money, donations or subscriptions from patrons, without the prior written consent of MVRC
- Smoke in areas nominated by MVRC as no-smoking
- Enter the non-public access areas of the Racecourse, including the physical racetrack, stalls or any area which is cordoned off or to which signage prohibits entry
- MVRC adopts a responsible service of alcohol policy. A person under the age of 18 years must not attempt to obtain admission onto the licensed areas of the Racecourse, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. You must not supply underage patrons with alcohol.
The following conditions apply when you enter, leave or use the Car Parks at Moonee Valley Racing Club or any of our venues.
By entering the Car Park, you are deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Entry and Parking.1. You drive, park and leave your vehicle in the Car Park at your own risk and you remain responsible for your vehicle and any property in or on it.
- You drive, park and leave your vehicle in the Car Park at your own risk and you remain responsible for your vehicle and any property in or on it.
- We may refuse entry to any vehicle or person.
- We are not liable, except to the extent required by law, for:
a. any theft, loss, or damage whatsoever to any vehicle, its accessories, or its contents,
b. any death or injury of any person,
while you, your vehicle or your property are in the Car Park or while you are entering or leaving the Car Park.
- Vehicles entering the Car Park must comply with:
a. all applicable Victorian and Commonwealth laws;
b. all signs and directions contained in the Car Park; and
c. all reasonable directions and requests made by us from time to time.
- You must park within the boundaries of one bay.
- You must not obstruct any persons or other vehicles or access to them.
- We may, at your expense, move or remove your vehicle if, in our opinion, it is parked in an unauthorised or unsafe position, is unregistered or appears to be abandoned, and if we move your vehicle, these conditions continue to apply.
- We reserve the right to retain your vehicle, and all goods in or attached to the vehicle, as security for any money which you owe us under these Terms and Conditions. If you fail to pay any money you owe us, we may sell your vehicle in accordance with all applicable legislation.
- Failure to comply with these conditions may result in the issue of a Parking Infringement Notice and you will be liable for the payment of penalties.
In these conditions references to:
(a) “we”, “us” and “our” mean Moonee Valley Racing Club Inc. ABN 45 806 588 917, its employees, agents, and independent contractors;
(b) "you" means the person using, or intending to use the Car Park; and
(c) "your vehicle" includes a vehicle driven, or intended to be driven, by you into the Car Park.
Legends $2000 travel voucher and mystery flight
Win a $2000 Travel Voucher or $500 Mystery Flight. The promotion commences on 9am AEDT on 1st January 2018 and ends on January 31st, 2018.
- In order to participate in the Promotion, patrons must be Australian residents and over 18 years of age (“Entrants”).
- Entries are open to members only. Copied entries will not be accepted.
- Entries are generated by swiping the member’s card on the members/loyalty terminal. One entry can be generated per person per day. Entries must be deposited into the entry barrel to be valid.
- The draw will be held on the 31/01/18 at 4.00pm in the venue.
- Prizes and Draw Order:
|| $2000 Travel Voucher or $500 Mystery Flight
- The draw will be held at the Legends (The Venue), cnr Wilson and Thomas Street, Moonee Ponds, Vic 3039 ABN 45 806 588 917 on Wednesday 31st January 2018 at 4pm
- All Entries will remain in Barrel/entry boxes throughout the promotion period.
- The Promoter will notify all the Drawn Entrant of the prize by phone and mail using the members information on the data base.
- Each prize will be won by the entrants whose valid entry form is drawn and who is eligible to win under these terms and conditions (“Drawn Entrant”).
- Entrant may be required to present one (1) form of valid photographic identification (passport or Australian drivers license) or two (2) forms of valid non-photographic identification acceptable to the Venue (in their absolute discretion) in order to determine eligibility and to claim the Prize and/or participate in a Prize Draw. The Promoter reserves the right to require Prize winner to provide valid identification acceptable to the Promoter in order to verify eligibility for a Prize. The entrant who is eligible for a Prize may be required to sign a Statutory Declaration to confirm their eligibility to accept the Prize.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter will be publishing the winner’s details in the venue
- Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- If any entry form that is a Drawn Entry appears to have been tampered with or is otherwise invalid in accordance with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award any Prize or Unclaimed Prize associated with that Drawn Entry.
- Multiple entries are permitted; however, each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- Management and employees of the promoter, participating venue and their agencies associated with this promotion and each of their respective immediate families are ineligible to enter in the Promotion including and not limited to ‘Legends, Junction Club and MVRC. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, immediate family means any of the following: spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step- grandparent, brother, sister, step brother, or step sister.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of the entries and Entrants including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. Subject to these terms and conditions, each Prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with taking and using a Prize.
- If the Drawn Entrant cannot be contacted by telephone and no response to the notification in writing is received within 14 days of the draw the 31st January 2018, the Drawn Entrant will be deemed to have forfeited any entitlement to the Prize and a re-draw for the prize will take place at the Legends on Thursday 15th February 2018 at 9am.
- Subject to any written direction of the Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or change the Prize offered under the Promotion due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control or if there are any changes to the law that would or might render the Promotion or any Prize offered under the Promotion unlawful. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or part of it) for an item of similar value.
- If for any reason a winner does not redeem a Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, and then the Prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; and/or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Decisions of the management of the Promoter are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- To the extent that a situation or issue arises for which these Terms and Conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant Terms and Conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to make a decision. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the Prize Winner does not redeem the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected claims or entries.
- All Entries become the property of the Promoter. Details of Entries may be entered into a database and any member of the Legends and Junction Club and MVRC group of companies may use the Entrants’ names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, market research and publicity purposes. Entrants acknowledge and agree that by participating in the Promotion, their details may be used in this manner. These details will not be used in conjunction with any gaming machine advertisements.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. These details will not be used in conjunction with any gaming machine advertisements.
- A copy of the terms and conditions governing the Promotion can be obtained from Legends throughout the Promotion Period.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. By entering in this promotion entrants agree to participate in future marketing promotions not limited to SMS/MMS, phone or email. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The laws of the state of Victoria govern the Promotion.
- The promoters are Moonee Valley Legends (Cnr Wilson and Thomas Street, Moonee Ponds, 3039, ABN 45 806 588 917)
Members birthday month dining offer
Complimentary bottle of wine refers to The Bend or Mitchelton Cuvee and is redeemable when purchasing dining at The Valley. Offer is valid for 3 months from the date of your birthday. Limit of 1 bottle redeemable per dining booking. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers. Offer must be redeemed by the member celebrating a birthday and is not transferable or redeemable for cash.