The Club will update this page as the latest COVID-19 information comes to hand.
If you require specific information, please contact our Customer Service Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (03) 9373 2222.
Latest COVID-19 Update (13 March 2021)
You are encouraged to wear a mask if you are unable to physically distance.
Please refer to the Victoria Government's latest update on wearing facemasks.
- Customers must be fully vaccinated to enter The Valley and show valid proof
- Where possible you should maintain a safe distance of 1.5m from others
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home and get tested if you are displaying symptoms
Showing Proof of Vaccination
- Showing proof of vaccination at businesses and venues is required across Victoria
- When you show them your check-in confirmation screen, they'll see your vaccination status if you've linked your COVID-19 digital certificate to the Service Victoria app
- The confirmation screen shows a green tick to show that you've checked in, your name and the words 'valid certificate'. Businesses can't keep or store this information
Entry Requirements for The Valley
- If you are coming to The Valley, please ensure you have your COVID-19 digital certificate that shows your vaccination status
- To find out how to get your COVID-19 digital certificate, please head to the Victorian Government's website for an easy step-by-step guide
- If you do not have a smartphone, you can provide a printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation statement as evidence
- If you are medically exempt from the COVID-19 vaccination, you must show evidence with a medical certificate or letter from a CHO-approved practitioner
COVID Safe Events
Please view our COVID Safe Plan (13 March update)
The Victorian Government and Racing Victoria require all Victorian racing clubs to implement strict health and safety protocols to ensure that all participants, members, patrons and staff are safe. Please note the following protocols are currently in place:
- You must “sign in” via the QR code using your Services Victoria app connected to your COVID-19 digital certificate
- You must not attend if you are feeling unwell
- You must carry a fitted face mask
- You must ensure social distancing (1.5m) is always practiced
- You must use safe hygiene practices – hand sanitiser is provided in all common areas
- You must follow the directions of COVID Safe marshals
Do I need to be fully vaccinated to attend a race meet at The Valley?
Yes, all patrons attending The Valley will need to be fully vaccinated and will be required to show proof upon entry.
How do I get proof that I’m fully vaccinated?
You must have your COVID-19 digital certificate ready upon entry into The Valley. If you are unsure how to link your COVID-19 digital certificate.
When will I need to scan a QR code?
All patrons will be required to check in their COVID-19 digital certificate upon each entry checkpoint to The Valley.
As a member, are there restrictions on where I can purchase food?
No. Members will be able to purchase food from all of the usual areas including: Members’ Bistro, Dragonet8, Tulloch Diner, The Food Collective by Dean & McPherson, Cafe Grab N Go. If you are after a more traditional dining experience, we encourage you to reserve a table at our famous Jockey Bar or in our Dining Boxes.
Can I use my Membership card or Annual Guest pass to enter The Valley for upcoming race meetings?
Yes, you will be able to enter The Valley using your Membership Card or Annual Guest Pass.
Can I use my Membership card or Annual Guest pass to scan into the member enclosure for upcoming race meetings?
Yes, you will be able to scan in using your Membership Card or Annual Guest Pass.
Do I need to pre-book a seat to attend The Valley for upcoming race meetings?
No, you can buy tickets on the gate.
Are there zones throughout the Members' Enclosure?
Do I need to book a seat to eat food and drink at The Valley?
No. There are lots of takeaway food options at The Valley. You will need to book for dining options.
Can I eat or drink whilst standing up?
When do I need to wear my mask within indoor venues?
Can I move outdoors to watch a race?
You can move freely from area to area.
Do I need to wear my mask in outdoor areas within The Valley precinct?
Can I eat or drink whilst standing up in an outdoor environment?
If I’m in an outdoor Members area, can I move to an inside venue?